Welcome to the “Firms” page of my website. Over the years, I have worked for a diverse group of architectural firms and construction companies. Each has given me the opportunity to grow in the profession and contribute to the built environment in a meaning full way.
Koo is a creative design firm that has found success working in both private and public markets. The firm is collaborative and quality driven, offering innovative design solutions and efficient project management to their diverse group of clients and wide range of project types.
- At Koo, I have been able to step into a role that is very familiar to me . . . that of the Project Architect and Project Manager working on medium sized, complex projects with both public and private clients. I am able to use my acquired skills and years of experience and also continue to learn in the productive and creative environment of this dynamic firm.
- Koo Architecture Website.
This 75-year-old, family owned, firm is a client-focused, quality-driven general contractor. Valenti Builders can handle almost any type of commercial and multi-family residential construction. They are also an industry leader in workplace safety.
- As an Architect, working the construction-side of the business can be a bit of an eye-opener but also a great learning experience. Valenti Builders has afforded me the opportunity to learn about the construction delivery process while wearing a different hat and utilizing my project management skills in new ways.
- Valenti Builders Website.
OKW is a diverse architectural, interior design and planning firm that engages clients in a collaborative effort. They work on a variety of different commercial and residential project types with a focus on large mixed-use developments, multi-family residential and retail projects.
- OKW gave me the opportunity to work on much larger projects than I was accustomed to. The challenges of a larger team and more complicated design parameters has played an important role in my growth as an Architect and project manager. I was also able to contribute to the firm, working as part of the technical committee and developing an office master specification and LEED specification.
- OKW Website.
McBride Kelly Baurer
MKB is a collaborative design firm that pays close attention to the client’s vision and offers well thought-out and sensitive design solutions. Their focus is on small to medium-sized, commercial, institutional and community based work. Projects often start with a pre-design phase which incorporates activities like: visioning, programming, feasibility and master planning.
- In 10 years at McBride Kelley Baurer, I was able to grow from a Junior Project Architect / Project Manager to one of the most senior staff positions. I managed multiple projects, worked in the capacity as the Senior Technical Architect, helped develop staff and collaborated with the principals to improve the firm.
- McBride Kelley Baurer Website.
- (formerly Robert G. Lyon & Associates) RGLA is an architecture and interiors firm that specializes in retail design. As a specialist, they have developed an expertise that goes beyond architecture to include areas like branding and visual merchandising. They offer store planning, design and roll-out services to clients throughout the country, including well-known national brands.
- At RGLA, I was given the opportunity to work in the very fast-paced environment of retail roll-out. I managed multiple, short duration projects, focussing on store design refinement, servicing the client and meeting critical deadlines.
- RGLA Solutions (formerly Robert G. Lyon & Associates) Website.
Other Firms | Shorter Term Assignments
- Level Builders: Office Management/Project Management tasks for a small, nimble general contractor that specializes in tenant build-out, retail development, and other small commercial projects.
- SMNG-A: Project Manager / Program Manager for the 2013 PBC/CPS summer improvement program; monitoring a design-build team on the completion of renovation work at four schools. SMNG-A Website
- Frye Gillan Molinaro: Worked as an Architect, Technical Architect and Project Manager on a number of Library renovation projects located throughout the Midwest.
- Altus Works: Project Manager for the Architect of Record for a PBC/CPS addition to Edgebrook Elementary School in Chicago. Altus Works Website
- Warman Olsen Warman Architects: Worked as an Architect and Project Manager on medical projects.
- Skidmore Owings and Merrill: Obtained some “big firm” experience working on a 45 story office tower on West Monroe Street in Chicago.
- General Electric Medical Systems: We delivered turn-key medical imaging facilities (MRI / Radiology / Imaging Centers) to medical clients and hospitals throughout the country. GE MedFACS Marketing Page
- Storrs / Wold Architects: I was the first employee of this small two-man firm. They were great teachers and good guys to work for.