Welcome to the “Education” page of my website. I attended the School of Architecture and Urban Planning (SARUP) at the University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee. UWM is an urban campus located north of downtown Milwaukee and just off Lake Michigan. When I first arrived, I had the goal of becoming an Architect but to be honest, I am not sure I really knew what that meant. My understanding of Architecture was pretty general and maybe a bit naive. SARUP changed all of that; they offered a great learning environment and wonderful design program. That experience opened up the whole world of Architecture to me.
Undergraduate and Graduate Degrees
- Bachelor of Science in Architectural Studies (BS-Arch Studies)
- Master of Architecture (M-ARCH)
Activities and Awards
- Member: American Institute of Architecture Students (AIAS)
- London Studio, Travel Abroad Program
- Wisconsin Society of Architects (WSA), Foundation Scholarship
- Center for Architecture and Urban Planning Research (CAUPR), Award (for pre-thesis paper).
- Teaching Assistant: Urban Scale Design Studio
- Board Member (Secretary): Third Coast Design Center (student run bookstore) Co-op Website.
Primary and Secondary Schooling
- Mount Horeb Area School District, Mount Horeb High School, Mount Horeb, Wisconsin
- Interests / Activities / Areas of Study
- National Honor Society
Hand drawing was once an important aspect of the design process (and sometimes it still is). I’ve including a few examples of my own past work, some from way back in school and some more recent; using ink, pencil and colored pencil on mylar, paper and yellow trace.
Click on any image for a slide show . . .