Greetings, I am an Architect living in the Chicago area. I was raised in small-town Wisconsin, went to college in Milwaukee and then headed to the “windy city”. Since the time of the Chicago fire, this city has been a mecca that has drawn Architects from far and wide. Like many others, I followed a well-worn path to explore and be a part of the city’s architectural heritage.
Experienced Architect . . . Project Architect | Project Manager | Program Manager | Construction Project Manager . . . with an emphasis on planning and development, building technology, technical specifications and construction methodology. Proficient in virtually every aspect of project delivery; a clear and concise understanding of the complexities of the building design / project delivery process with a focus on the client’s project goals.
Able to successfully perform a full range of project management tasks from front-end (planning and pre-design) activities through construction (field work) with new projects, renovation and preservation projects. Involved with a number of LEED projects and fully committed to fostering a sustainable built environment.
Proposals, Contracts, Feasibility Studies, Master Planning, Programming, Client Visioning, Pre-Design, Site Planning, Cost Analysis, Existing Conditions Studies, Building Codes, Zoning Ordinances, Public Approval Process, Permit Drawings, Construction Documents, Construction Technology, Specifications, Bidding and Negotiating Tasks, Contractor Selection, Construction Administration Tasks, Submitals, Construction Field Experience, Punch List, Project Close-Out (Field Experience as an Architect and Contractor).
Autocad, Revit, BlueBeam, MasterSpec, SpecLink, Word, Excel, Microsoft Office, Adobe Suite, Prolog, PBC-CW, e-Builder, Primavera CM, Chicago-ProjectDox.
Project Types by Building Function (for a detailed list of projects, go here):
- Multi-Family Residential
- Small Scale Residential
Project Types by Construction | Delivery Method (for information about the firms I have worked for, go here):
- Pre-Design | Master Planning
- Feasibility Studies | Existing Conditions Studies
- New Construction | Building Additions
- Renovation | Redevelopment | Refurbishment
- Restoration and Historic Preservation
- Sustainable Design | LEED Projects
- Public Bid | GC Negotiated Fee-GMP | Design-Build
Other Documents and Links:
- For a Printable Resume (PDF file), click here.
- For Professional References and Endorsements, go here.
- For My Education Background, go here.
Professional Credentials – Licensed to Practice Architecture:
- State of Illinois (001013969); expires November of every even year.
- State of Wisconsin (6978-5); expires July of every even year.
- The American Institute of Architects (AIA)
- The Construction Specifications Institute (CSI)
City of Chicago Registered Energy Professional.