Click on any image for a slide show, scroll down for written description . . .
The parish at Saint Michael had to make the tough decision either to expand or build a new facility. After a long struggle, they decided to build a new church but with a traditional feel. The 45,000 s.f. facility includes a 1200 seat worship space, a 200 seat chapel and a gathering space and ambulatory. Also, included is the shell for a future social hall, meeting rooms and parish offices. Stained glass windows and liturgical treasures from the old church are incorporated into the new design. The building is constructed of load bearing masonry, steel and heavy timber and is anchored by a 110 foot bell tower. The project also includes extensive site work and storm water management.
Project Manager for the project from Design Development through construction. Acted as principal contact with the client and contractor; lead the design team and performed construction administration tasks.
McBride Kelley Baurer, Architects